Storage heater grants
What is the problem with storage heaters?
- Not energy efficient
- Confined to Economy7 tarrif which is being phased out so you won’t have much choice when choosing provider
- charge at night, heat during the day. most people are out during the day and wouldn’t get the benefit of the heat
- Once they run out of charge they take a long time to heat back up
- If used outwith designated time they can cost a fortune
- They are big and ugly
- Let off unpleasant smells when operating
What would you suggest?
High Heat Retention Storage Heaters Explained
- More energy efficient
- better-insulated means heat loss is reduced and retained better to distribute for longer
- fan assisted, most models come fan assisted to let the heat be passed faster into the home.
- back up heater, most models now come with an electric backup heater to allow you to heat your home once the core has run out of heat.
Get A Fully Funded Eco Home ImprovementIf you would like to have your home upgraded with an energy efficient home improvement under the government backed Eco3 scheme, or would like to discuss what else we could do for you fill out the short form and let us know what you would like done and we will call you back to make sure you qualify.
Application: first submit an application, one of our helpful staff will arrange a time to give you a call and make sure you qualify for funding under the scheme before progressing with your application
Once we are sure we can help you, we will send a surveyor out to assess your property, we will check the energy efficiency and do all relevant paper work
Installation: once we have done your survey our installations manager will give you a phone and book a date that suits both parties for installation. Most of the improvements can be fully completed in just one day
Available Eco Funding
Gas Boiler Grants
There is currently funding for first time gas users to have gas boilers installed in their homes. If you live in an area that has gas supply and fit the qualifying criteria to receive a new boiler you could get a new energy efficient boiler installed in your home free of charge. For more information about who can qualify get in touch.
High Retention Storage Heaters
These are the modern day equivalent of old storage heaters used in home in the 1950’s they have been redesigned to fix the faults caused in the original models. There is funding in place to remove old storage heaters and replace them with modern high retention storage heaters. Get in touch to register your interest.
Want to improve the energy efficiency of your home?
Is this legit or a sales scheme?
In this day in age, you need to be careful are read properly when you see things about grants and funding, as a lot of businesses make their own schemes up and use them as a sales tool. Eco3 is government-backed and completed funded for anyone who qualifies.